Friday, April 25, 2008

my worst fear

I was confronted by my worst fear in my own bed last night. I am terrified of spiders.

Last night as I crawled into bed, I pulled up the blanket to cover me when I saw a black object dart quickly away from me and run over my leg. I shot out of bed and franticly patted my whole body down to check for more spiders on me. When I finally built up the courage to catch and squish it, it was so fast I had a hard time chasing it on my bed.

Having a spider underneath my covers with me, touching my body is truly traumatic. A bed is supposed to be a safe and secure place, a retreat for when you are frightened. Spiders are so creepy because they invade your intimate spaces, and violate you with their gross millions of eyes and unnatural amount of legs. I wonder, has this little demon been with me a few days? I have had two dream in the last two nights where I have accidentally eaten bugs. It makes me reconsider the myth that spiders crawl into your mouth while you sleep

I can still feel the spiders 8 creepy little black legs crawling on my body.

Comments:
Even if one didn't have a fear of spiders, to find a creature of any sort in one's bed is disturbing!
 
hey ya
 
How horrifying!! I liked my pet spider until the day I didn't see it in the cage...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?