Monday, March 24, 2008

the failure

So I think I can safely say that I failed my Lent challenge.

1. I made too many exceptions such as my recipe contest. I splurged for the best ingredients in the name of practicing.
2. Life works unfairly in my favour: I have a house to live in, I have in-house laundry facilities, and roommates who share their food, people who paid for me at restaurants, and so much more.
3. $6 a day for living costs is nearly impossible to do anyway. That is not an excuse for my failures, but a further realization that it is ridiculous that people must live this way.

I did spend way less money than I usually do. My bank account is a little happier, and that visa bill is just not as big as it usually is. Also I made some fantastic money saving bread like this.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?