Saturday, October 20, 2007

wildlife in the suburbs


More odd wildlife in the southern suburbs of Winnipeg:

A hawk is fairly ordinary when placed in its usual context, but a hawk sitting on a tree branch 5 feet above the grass on a lawn full of Halloween decorations creates an interesting sight! I never realized how massive these birds are until I almost walked right into one.

I was walking to the convenience store in my neighbourhood when I looked up just as I was passing a low hanging branch with a massive hawk on it. The branch came right up to the street so I was very close to it and its scary talons, sharp beak, and icy gaze.

I hope it has moved in to hunt the dumb squirrels in our neighbourhood.

Comments:
send that thing to my neighborhood. i hate them damn squirrels.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?