Monday, November 20, 2006

21 days


Yes more teeth problems. I thought that I could wear my retainer all day every day for a month to make it fit again but it was a lost cause (it still does not fit, and I have stopped trying completely - from now on, no retainer ever again).

Now I am on a new mission - to floss my teeth every night.

I don't know how many of you out there are regular flossers...I am not one of them. How do you do it? I hate it. Even when I floss for several days in a row, I still never seem to pick up the good habit. Which leads me to wonder if the common belief that it takes "21 days" to build a good habit even works with me? There have been several things that I have wanted to start, and even after a successful 21 days the effects are no where to be found. It is as if none of the repetition made it into my subconscious desire to preform that task. Is it possible that repetition as a form of conditioning just does not work for me or is it that I just lack any will power? Either way, here is to 21 days of flossing and more positive habits to be made.

Comments:
My dental hygienist told me that if flossing daily seems too difficult a goal, to set lower expectations, and start with doing it every other day.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?