Tuesday, September 26, 2006

my first really bad bike ride


It was raining, that should have been my first clue not to take my bike to school. But, I did. As I was driving home in the pouring rain, trying to avoid being splashed by the passing cars, I thought my chances of staying dry on the side walk were better. I proceeded on the side walk for the next couple of blocks with some success. Soon I approached a car, perpendicular to me, trying to turn right onto the street I was biking along (on the side walk). She was blocking the path so in anticipation, I slowed down only to see all too late the SUV speeding down the road, hitting a large puddle and sending a *wave* of icy rain water onto me nearly knocking me off of my bike. Gasping and surprised at the shock of cold water, I looked at the woman in the car and I could see her fighting back her laughter to save me some embarrassment, but it was too late. I was laughing hard myself.

Those kinds of *bad days* are only fruitful when shared in laughter, even if it is a complete stranger. It was worth it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?