Wednesday, August 23, 2006

the pay off


I bought a bicycle this summer to save money on gas, and increase the amount of exercise so to track some of these things, purchased a bike commuter to track my speed and kms.

It is the end of August, and I have had the bike for a few months and ride it pretty regularly. In total, I have biked 300 kms, I would say not bad for a novice biker. I must have been feeling ambitious when I bought the bike as I thought it would answer some of my problems with overspending on gas, but alas, I have in total saved approximately $20 and I do not feel more fit and healthy despite the increase in exercise.

I have figured that it would take me 2,250 kms on my bike to recover the cost of the it! Yikes. I thought this would be easier! It is going to be a long time until I see that pay off.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?