Friday, June 16, 2006

they're here!


As I was biking home from work in the other evening, and I found I had to keep my mouth tightly sealed to prevent me from inhaling mosquitoes! Not a mosquito, but hoards of them. I guess summer is here in Manitoba.

The beauty of the Creator - birds, spiders, dragon flies, bats and more are all created to eat mosquitoes. They deserve an award for taking care of us delicate humans. Our usually method of dealing with conflict - guns - is no use with this pest. Although, I would not say that I would be surprised that people have tried to shoot the little buggers.

With the ever growing threat of West Nile Virus, all mosquito eating animals and insects deserve our respect, yet we continue to fog and kill the very thing that could help us ward of summer pests. Thanks Sam Katz!

Actually, I do not know which side of the fogging fence I am on. My instinct says don't fog, but I also do not have to live in fear of contracting West Nile Virus. What would my argument be if I were older, or sick already and in real risk of contracting the virus? What would I say if I had sever asthma? Would it be fair of me to demand that if you don't want to be bitten, you should stay inside? What if I were only 12 years old and confined inside b/c of bugs? No matter how much noise I make against fogging Winnipeg, I can't help but be blinded by all the gray area.

What do you say?

Comments:
i say live and let live. put the fogging trucks away. down with malathion!!!!!!!!!!!



(i have to say that - i live in wolesely)
 
ha ha! nice denise! we are NDP too here in MB. how come we can afford to fog? oh well. just get ready for the West Nile Invation for out camping trip. i am pretty sure there is going to be no fogging at our camp ground! my the strong survive.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?