Friday, June 02, 2006

ride

I did it! I can't believe that I made it with little to no trouble! The task was to bike to work, a mere 15 kms away. Not really that big of a deal right? Well, if you have not bike more than 2 km in any give week, then this is quite a feat.

I was surprised at how little difficulty I had. I thought that 10 minutes into the whole adventure I would be wheezing a the side of the road, wondering if my ass was going to survive. I biked down some major roads in Winnipeg and felt ok. Usually I bike on sidewalks as I am fearful of Winnipeg drivers. I am scared driving in my car, not just when I am on my bike. With my milk crate loaded with files, I took off. I only had to use my bell once, and that was only because I could not stop my self from ringing it just to hear the sound.

Now with this first accomplishment under my belt, I am anticipating the ride home. Although tired, I am looking forward to that feeling of your body hitting the bed and sinking into a deep sleep instantly. Looks like a good day to ride!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?