Friday, June 09, 2006

the dream journal


I have recently finished reading the second book in the Deptford Trilogy "The Manticore" by Robertson Davies. The whole book consists of the process of psychoanalysis of a man first introduced in the first of the Deptford trilogy, "The Fifth Business."

Davey Staunton (main character) is the son of a wealthy Canadian man, Percy Boyd "Boy" Staunton has fled to Zurich to visit a Jungian psychoanalyst, Dr. Johanna von Haller after an outburst in public over the unusual circumstances surrounding his father's death.

What I have become interested in was the attention given to dreams and dream analysis. I have previously posted about it, but I have never consistently paid attention to my dreams. Freudians and Jungians place importance on dream analysis in unlocking the wonder of the unconscious. I have found an old and empty note book to keep by my bed side and I am starting to keep a "dream journal." The purpose is not for analysis, but for interest as I have had some pretty crazy dreams that I don't want to forget.

What do you dream about? Any dreams to share that "you will never forget?" How do you feel about dream analysis?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?