Tuesday, May 30, 2006

names for my bike gang



Now that the Manitoba is finally warm and sunny, it is time to get out the bicycle! This is the first year that can remember since grade 7 that I actually wanted to ride! It is also the second time in my life I have ever owned a bike. It is this bike. It is not that I hate bikes, its just that I had way cooler forms of transportation (posts about my "other" children a.k.a. car and motorcycle at a later date).

Perhaps it is my obsession with being independent that I value all ways of getting around. Not counting walking/running I own/have 4 ways of getting around the city with out a bus pass. This seems a little excessive but coming from a farm outside of a small town, you learn to find ways of maintaining your independence. When I was in grade 7 I bought a bike so that I could pedal the 2.5 miles down the highway to go to school (and back in the day when we didn't wear helmets). What I remember most was not having to ride the bus - not that it was terrible, but now I could rely on my own self to decide my destination. It was freedom with two wheels.

Now, in my new bike awakening, I feel passionate to bike around just for the fun of it. I might start a bike gang - anyone want to join in? First I need a name...suggestions any one? My top choice so far is "the EZ riders" and second choice is a name is stole from elsewhere "the Suppa Tuffz."

Comments:
hey, where did you get that counter thing? i want that on my blog.

and my vote is for the ez riders. then denise will have to stop calling me that.
 
thanks for the name advice. i found the counter here
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=761&query=counter&topic=0&type=f
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?